Position Name: Coordinator, Marketing and Social Media
Status: Full Time – Exempt
Reports to: Director, Marketing, Social Media and Strategic Initiatives
Location: Stamford, CT (Remote Flexibility)
About Cohen Veterans Network:
Cohen Veterans Network is a not for profit philanthropic organization whose mission is to improve the quality of life for veterans, including those from the National Guard and Reserves, and their families. CVN works to strengthen mental health outcomes and complement existing support, with a particular focus on post-traumatic stress as well as other mental health conditions. Our vision is to ensure that every veteran and family member is able to obtain access to high-quality care that enables them to lead fulfilling and productive lives.
As a Member of the Communications & Marketing Team, You Will:
CVN is seeking a skilled Coordinator, Marketing & Social Media. Reporting to the Director, Marketing, Social Media and Strategic Initiatives, the Coordinator is responsible for creation, posting and managing social media campaigns, as well as supporting marketing and communications team. The Coordinator will manage the day-to-day needs of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn), help create monthly social media campaigns, and support building an engaging online audience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to follow a campaign calendar and contribute creative ideas for social media campaigns
- Create, post and schedule monthly campaigns that are shared nationally.
- Manage social media ads for CVN including posting, boosting and advertising in Facebook Business
- Monitor social media engagement daily- questions, messages, inappropriate comments
- Support HR with hiring and targeting through LinkedIn Ads
- Collect KPI/tracking of marketing and advertisements for NCM department
- Create After Action Reports of social media campaigns with insights
- Organize, simplify and edit presentations in Powerpoint for CVN staff and update marketing materials
- Develop a better CVN presence on new social media platforms and partner websites
- Research for NCM department on various organizations, events, thought leaders, new projects etc.
- Other Marketing and Communications department support (website management, info box emails, answering voicemails)
- Ensure compliance with branded standards including images, logos, texts on social media and marketing materials
- Help build event / release toolkits to facilitate partner promotion of CVN brand
- Other marketing projects, as assigned.
To Succeed in This Role, You Must Embody:
- A team player, but also someone who can successfully complete tasks individually. You can consistently complete daily tasks and handle projects with minimal supervision.
- A strong ability to cope with change. You think about problems and tasks in novel, creative ways when circumstances unexpectedly change.
- An eye for detail. You notice small but important things that other people might not notice.
- An ability to adapt. You display confidence in your expertise, but you also are flexible in your approach in a rapidly changing environment.
- Thirst for knowledge. You are eager to learn and stay abreast of the cutting-edge developments in your field.
- Visionary view on challenges and solutions. You are willing to be a part of a small, dynamic, and innovative team while contributing your voice to all aspects of the CVN and its growth.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- 2+ years of daily social media creation and management using Facebook, Twitter, Facebook Business, Instagram and others
- Substantial experience creating social media campaigns for engagement and awareness
- Proven ability to write for an online audience at a professional level
- Intermediate experience with graphic design programs and ability to lay out marketing materials (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
- Proven ability to work effectively across departments; strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with advertising, posting, and insights on social media platforms
- Basic knowledge of marketing campaigns and tracking digital advertising
- Up to date on digital advertising platforms, tactics, and new features
- Detail-oriented with editing and writing and able to communicate clearly to followers
- Able to visually organize information into more effective pieces of marketing